Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Energy bar snack recipe

Ok, I have been having so much fun experimenting around with different recipes!!!! Here is one I LOVE! 

Great for a snack or dessert after dinner. 


Dark Chocolate & Cranberry Bars: 
1 cup of raw almonds. (No salt) 
1 cup of pitted dates 
1 cup of dried cranberries 
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips 
2 Tablespoons of shredded, unsweet, coconut 

Put all ingredients into a blender. Pulse until all ingredients are mixed and turn into a wet dough like texture. Line a pan with wax paper. Put mixture in pan and flatten with a spatula. Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hrs. Then cut up into squares or bars. Leave in fridge until ready to eat. 

I made two batches, and put it in a 13" x 9" rectangle pan. My kids LOVE these! And so do I. It's a quick and easy go to snack or dessert. 

Try them and tell me what you think!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment