Monday, February 21, 2011

Hallelujah

To say that I’m the happiest person on the face of the earth today would be an understatement. (Corny, yes I know). After almost a month of trying to type on a keyboard with missing keys, I finally have my laptop back.

About a year ago, my now four year old, thought that it would be entertaining to pop off the “T” and the “J” keys on our old laptop. The hardware underneath the buttons hurts as you push your finger down to make the letter show up. Why did he do this? One only knows with that child. He got in trouble but for those who know my Andrew know that getting in trouble doesn’t faze him. He does what he wants when he wants and he doesn’t really care what you think about it. Two weeks later I woke up to hear him laughing in the den. I go in there to find him popping off more keys and belly laughing as they hit the floor. He not only popped off more letter keys, he also popped off the Enter button and the power button. In order to turn that laptop on you have to take a metal paperclip and put it in the hole, wiggle it around until you somehow manage to hit the right spot and then, and only then, the computer will turn on.

So we made that one the kid’s computer and I bought myself a new laptop that they weren’t allowed to touch. The kids hardly go on the computer so it really just sits there collecting dust. But I was thankful for it when this computer’s hard drive fried and I had to send it in to get a new one. (Thank goodness for warranties.) It took almost a month to get my laptop back and I did a little gig once I saw the bright cherry color on the front, that I’ve come to know as my computer. No more pushing broken hardware to spell “the” or “thoughts” or anything else for that matter. I plan to get the kids a new desktop and threaten my children to NOT break it or they will have to learn how to type on an old laptop that hurts and sometimes cuts your fingertips.

Now that my laptop is back, I’m off to get all of my manuscript (ms) back into it and rewrite my query letter and synopsis. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment