Monday, July 22, 2013

Um YAH!!!!!!!

 


So, after 3 long years I can finally say that I wasn't just flapping my lips about writing a book. It is now for sell!!! It is a weird feelings to say, "hey I wrote a book. Now go buy it." It is exciting and nerve racking at the same time.

When I was going through the final edits of The Pier, I could really see how depressed I was in life. My characters reflect that and I am so proud to say that I am no longer in that state of mind. The Pier is a love story, following two girls who have grown up in dysfunctional families'. One had a normal family until a year ago and the other has never known her parents to be together or together with someone else.

As a recent parent who went through a divorce I have to say that that subject of divorce is real and it really effects the kids involved. Though my boys aren't old enough to be going through some of the situations that are in The Pier, it doesn't mean that they don't feel some of the same feelings of loss, longing for a family and looking for love in all the wrong places. I would like to think that this story will help people to see some of the struggles that kids of divorce go through, no trust, out of control behavior, struggling to find their place in the new family, etc. and we use the story of The Pier to allow kids to come together and talk about their struggles with divorce.

As of right now it is only available for sale CreateSpace.com click on the cover to be taken to the site.
It will be available on Amazon and Kindle in a couple of days.


The Pier
Add caption
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment