Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Patience is not my strong point..

I am not waiting until 2015 to start on me. No, I am going to start it tonight.

I don't write this blog for the readers, but if you are reading this, then welcome! Welcome to my journey. I started this blog a couple of years ago when I was a stay at home mom, writing my first book. Since then, I got my book published, got divorced, lost two amazing grandparents, lost 80+ pounds, created a business, moved two times and started on another book. Oh and I have gain 60 of those pounds back. Boo!

Two summers ago I suffered from adrenal fatigue. What is adrenal fatigue you might ask? Click on this link to learn more about it.  In my own words, I was experiencing extreme battle with fatigue. I would teach one of my normal 45 min dance classes and need to take a 3 hour nap. I had the worse foggy brain and it didn't matter that I was with a trainer and on a strict eating routine I was gaining weight at a rate of 6-8 pounds a week. I had never felt so crappy in my life. I cried. I slept. I cried again. Your adrenals produce a natural stress hormone in your body that helps fight stress. But with everything I had happen in a short 2 years my adrenal glands were over worked and tired.

I have had a very hard time loosing weight since my adrenal fatigue. It has not been an exciting road. I built a business around fitness. Teaching non-competitive recreation classes to infant-12 year olds teaching them that fitness if fun. I feel like such a hypocrite even though I have had no control of it. I'm ready to overcome it though. I have learned that some days I will be stronger than others. And that I need to listen to my body no matter how bad my brain is telling me to push myself.

I am going to follow a strict Paleo diet as I am finding that wheat, diary, soy, whey and legumes seem to make me tired and bloated. So tired that I have to take a nap within 15 minutes of eating it. I don't want to live that way anymore.

I look back at pictures to how healthy I was before all this happened and I can't wait to get back there. It is going to be a tough road, but I can do it. I did it before, I'll do it again.

So, this is what I'm going to promise to myself. I will post daily about my progress. I will take picture of my food and post them on here. I will also post what exercise routines I do. Whether if I'm only able to take a 30 min walk to an hour of zumba. I will post it. If I do a video from an blog or youtube or pintrest site, I will post that as well. I'll be taking measurement, though I am not going to post those on here. I might once I start feeling better. At the moment I am too ashamed.

So, with this all said, if you are reading this please join me on my journey. Help me, give me tips, encourage me, support me. If you want to do it together then let me know. I am going to go meal plan right now. And I bid this Kristie a fair well. It's time for our new journey. It's time to be my best self again. I'm ready.

0 comments:

Post a Comment